Saturday, February 7, 2009

Resolutions

Okay, it's a new year and new resolutions are being made while others may be faltering just a little (you know, the exercise and diet stuff, very worthy resolutions that we have to struggle with.......). One of my new resolutions though, was just made last week during a discussion with a new acquaintance that checks my blog out occasionally. He kindly informed me that I don't blog enough, and I have to admit that I have been awfully slack for the past year. So I resolve to blog more often to keep my readers more abreast on what's happening in and about Perry and Keaton Beach and the rest of Taylor County.

Construction of Perry's new Holiday Inn Express and new Walgreens is well underway. Both structures are taking shape; the exterior framework is up and both buildings are looking pretty impressive. It is exciting to watch new development in a small town, and very heartening to see growth in the area when the economic climate has been less than favorable. But optimism abounds!

I had mentioned previously that Pouncey's Restaurant, a long-time home-cooking family restaurant, closed recently. The restaurant has now been leased and is being remodeled and will open again soon under new management. I'm not sure if the name Pouncey's will remain or if it will open under the name of Hill's (of the Hard Hat Cafe), who is leasing the property. Regardless, the food will most assuredly be good, so plan on visiting the restaurant and try it out for good measure when it opens. My bet is that we will want to make it a regular dining spot.

As to real estate, activity has picked up since Christmas. I think some people are finally realizing that with lower prices and low interest rates, this really is a good time to buy. If you are considering a property investment in the area, you can browse through our website and check out what we have available. By the way, Gulf Breeze Real Estate (my agency) was rated #1 in our area for sales and listings sold in 2008 by the Tallahassee Board of Realtors, and we have the largest inventory of listings available in the county. Our website is http://www.gulfbreezerealestate.net/.

Check back in occasionally; I promise to do a better job of blogging (Thanks to Bill!).

No comments: